AKRON, Ohio – September 28, 2017 – A. Schulman Inc. (Nasdaq-GS: SHLM), a leading international supplier
of high-performance plastic compounds and powders will present its complete product range and recent innovations at Fakuma on October 17-21, 2017 in Friedrichshafen, Germany.
A. Schulman will be presenting its latest innovations and comprehensive product range of Masterbatches,
Engineering Plastics, Engineered Composites, Specialty Powders and Distribution Services.
The product highlights at Fakuma will be:
- A silver metallic product range for automotive and household appliances
- SchularecTM grades – a new concept which fills the demand for recycled materials
- A complete product range of low-emission solutions for interior automotive applications
- Icorene® 9005 polyamide for use in rotomolded automotive tanks
- LYTEXTM styrene-free Sheet-Molding-Compounds
- Schulamid® 6 and 66 Carbon Fiber-Reinforced (CF) Compounds
In addition to product innovations, A. Schulman has over the last months gone a step further in enhancing customer service. The Company scaled up several new production lines in order to improve product availability with shorter lead times.
- Recent opening of a new masterbatch production site in Turkey
- Increased capacity at its existing masterbatch sites in France, Poland, Italy, Hungary and Spain
- First successful trials at the new Joint Venture plant in Yanbu / Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The production
of Polyfort® and Polyflam® polypropylene compounds will ramp up over the months to come.
- Production start-up of a new production line for sheet-molding compounds in Germany is foreseen for
New distribution agreements and a partnership with 3M to accelerate time-to-market for lightweight and insulating components are completing the Company’s offer for its customers in central and northern Europe.
“Our efforts go beyond product innovation and improved service with increased capacity”, states Heinrich Lingnau, Senior Vice President & General Manager EMEA. “We have also implemented a new simplified and streamlined structure of our sales and customer service teams, which gives our customers easier access to a broader array of innovative products. It’s all about helping our customers being more successful. Because our definition of success is helping our customers achieve theirs.”
Meet A. Schulman experts at Fakuma, Hall B1, booth 1112.
About A. Schulman, Inc.
A. Schulman, Inc. is a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds and resins headquartered in Akron, Ohio. Since 1928, the Company has been providing innovative solutions to meet its customers’ demanding requirements. The Company’s customers span a wide range of markets such as packaging, mobility, building & construction, electronics & electrical, agriculture, personal care & hygiene, sports, leisure & home, custom services and others. The Company employs approximately 4,800 people and has 54 manufacturing facilities globally. A. Schulman reported net sales of approximately $2.5 billion for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2016. Additional information about A. Schulman can be found at www.aschulman.com.
Media in Europe:
Communications Manager EMEA
Schulman International Services BVBA
Tel: +32 (0)52 750 576
Media and Investors in United States
Jennifer K. Beeman
Vice President, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
A. Schulman, Inc.
3637 Ridgewood Road
Fairlawn, OH 44333
Tel: +1 330-666-3751