SCHULATEC® TinCo - The Electrically Conductive Compound
In a joint project A. Schulman together with Siemens AG, IKV Aachen and HEK GmbH have successfully developed a new group of compounds with an excellent electical conductivity. These new plastic-metal hybrids consist of SCHULAMID® 6 matrix material, copper fibre and a low-melting solder.
The specific electrical conductivity of this compound is in the range of 5•105 S/m. The electromagnetic damping is 80 dB in the frequency range between 30 kHz and 1.2 GHz (sample thickness = 1.5 mm). The thermal conductivity is > 7 W/(mK).
PROPERTIES OF SCHULATEC® TinCo
- Very high electrical conductivity
- Easy injection moulding processing on standard machines
- Simplest contacting by
- High electromagnetic shielding
By combining copper fibres with a low-temperature melting metal, SCHULATEC® TinCo creates a whole new dimension in electrical conductivity. As a result, SCHULATEC® TinCo’s conductivity is 100–1.000 times higher than conventional conductive compounds using metal or carbon fibres.
BENEFITS OF SCHULATEC® TinCo
- Direct production of complex, electrical injection moulded, conducting structures
- Cost savings resulting from high functional integration of the injection moulding process
- Completely new design possibilities
- Efficient production
Return to Menu